[Openstack] Neutron VLANs issue

Umar Draz unix.co at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:41:31 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I have 2 node Openstack setup on Ubuntu 14.04

Controller+Network and Compute Node, I am using Neutron with ml2 (vlan).

Both nodes have 2 NICs

eth0 - Public with br-ex
eth1 - Local with br-inet

Both nodes' local ethernet (eth1) connected with each other without any
switch. They were both working perfect, Now few days ago I bought Cisco
2960 and connect both node's eth1 with Cisco 2960 switch.

Now when I reboot or create any new VMs they are not getting ip from
controller node. Here is the log of vm

*cloud-init start-local running: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 16:28:25 +0000. up 3.02
secondsno instance data found in start-localcloud-init-nonet waiting 120
seconds for a network device.*
Would you please help me how I can solve this issue?

Br.

Umar