[Openstack] [openstack][SWIFT] I want to talk about costs !! (against amazon S3)

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 30 18:59:59 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 12:37 PM, John Dickinson wrote:

I've asked around the office here at SwiftStack to see if we can put
together some more public cost details (specifically in response to you
question), so I hope we can share some more info soon.

I'd say an interesting question is how many users want storage that only
lets you put, get, and delete a file. A private cloud storage is
trivially re-exportable as a filesystem, how easy is that with
commercial offerings?

It's not much of a selling point when something I didn't want is getting
cheaper.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin