[Openstack] DHCP configuration with openvSwitch

Akash Gunjal akgunjal at in.ibm.com
Tue Apr 29 18:05:46 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am using icehouse version for doing my network setup using openvSwitch
agent with ML2 plugin. I want to configure flat network with DHCP server so
the IP gets assigned to the guest VMs after deployment. As part of this I
have started the dhcp and openvSwitch agents on my compute node and created
a flat private network and deployed the virtual machine on the compute. The
VM gets deployed but it fails to get the IP from the controller even though
I see the IP assigned on the controller for that VM.

I see an error message on the VM boot up stating that its cannot connect to
169.254.169.254

I see the dnsmasq process running on my compute node. Please point me to
the error here and if my dhcp setup is correct.

Regards,
Akash