[Openstack] NOTE: Re: migrate cinder volume

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:25:17 UTC 2014

Hi!

If the Cinder volumes *are unattached* (and are based on LVM2), you can do
this:

---
- receiving end:

host-1# nc -l 7000 | dd of=/dev/mapper/cinder-volume-BLAH bs=32768

- sending end:

host-2# dd if=/dev/mapper/cinder-volume-BLAH bs=32768 | nc host-1 7000
---

BTW Dimitri, what about BTRFS instead of ZFS?!    :-P

Cheers!
Thiago