[Openstack] Using GlusterFS as backend for Glance

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Mon Apr 7 16:25:18 UTC 2014

Does anyone has a particular recommendation on what is a best practice for
implementing Gluster as the Backend for Glance?

The docs allow Glance to be implemented on top of a filesystem, which could
be mounted directly to a Gluster mount. That is would be the base case.

But I also read some documents allowing Glance to be mounted on top of Swift
or Cinder and here is where it gets tricky.

Should I go with the default setting of having three different mount points
in Gluster (/export/cinder, /export/swift, /export/glance) or shall I mount
glance on top of Cinder or Swift and by doing this allowing additional
features like live migration or faster deployment of VM images?

What are your recommendations for a production environment?

--

Ignacio Bravo

LTG Federal

Mb: 571.224.6046