[Openstack] Linux Distribution Recommendations for Testing?

Clint Dilks clintd at waikato.ac.nz
Mon Sep 30 04:52:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

I think if you understand the components you can get things working of any
of the distributions.  The problem at least for me initially was
understanding how all of the different components inter-relate.  From
monitoring the list I think a lot of people are using Ubuntu so that may be
a good choice.

But before you decide what you want I would suggest that you try using a
couple of the quick installation options that exist and see which of these
appeal to you.

A couple of examples are DevStack http://devstack.org/ or  RDO
http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart  (there are others).

Good Luck :)