[Openstack] Linux Distribution Recommendations for Testing?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:37:22 UTC 2013

I want to install OpenStack in a test lab. Nearly all the major
distros offer OpenStack in some form or another.

Are there any Linux distributions that are more amicable to OpenStack
software? I'm interested in both up-to-date OpenStack gear, and
ease-of-use from the value added stuff provided by the distribution.

I'm most familiar with Fedora and Ubuntu; and I don't consider myself
a Linux administrator (my area of knowledge is software security). I
have read a couple of books on OpenStack I purchased from Amazon, so
that should suppress my dumb questions a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff