[Openstack] Adding an extra compute node

Brandon Adams brandon.adams at newwave-technologies.com
Thu Sep 26 15:04:10 UTC 2013

On my net/compute node I have two interfaces; one is for the management
network, and the other is for VM internet access. This is already added to
br-ex as per a normal set up. I don't have this on the dedicated compute
node because it shouldn't have direct access to the internet. And I can't
execute ip netns exec qrouter-4cff1882-1962-4084-9b48-cb1bcd048a4e ping $IP
on the compute node because that name space doesn't exist there, only on
the network node.

I went back and restarted the dhcp service just as a precaution, and found
it hadn't been running correctly. Not sure if that affected anything. I
also ran ifconfig on the compute node after alunching a VM and it showed
the qbr qbo and qbv interfaces, as well as the tap interface.