[Openstack] Adding an extra compute node

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:26:35 UTC 2013

On br-ex you need to add an interface that has no ip but it's up:
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex eth1
ifconfig eth1 up

the instance is not connected to the router namespace

Check in /var/lib/nova/instances/$instance_id/libvirt.xml for source
bridge and target dev

try ip netns exec qrouter-4cff1882-1962-4084-9b48-cb1bcd048a4e ping $IP

also, do the same from the dhcp namespace