[Openstack] loop on network with openvswitch + vlans

Pavel Stano stano at websupport.sk
Thu Sep 26 11:50:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

we encountered some problem on our setup with openvswitch with multiple
nodes.
When openstack is running ok and we restart openvswitch on 2 or more
compute nodes, flow tables on br-int will be cleared and
quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent will not re-configure it until it will
be restarted too.
Ports are still attached to br-int but without flows.
So after flows are cleared there occur loop on network.

We want to fix it by modifing openvswitch init script to dump/load flows
when stop/start/restart, it dont do it automatically. Or another
alterantive is forcibly remove br-int when stopping openvwswitch.

And of course automatically restart quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent
after openvswitch restart.

Anyone encounter same problem and/or have some better solution ?

Thanks
--
[ Ohodnotte kvalitu mailu: http://nicereply.com/websupport/Stano/ ]

Pavel Stano | Troubleshooter