[Openstack] Root disks with Ceph

Greg Chavez greg.chavez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 18:39:29 UTC 2013

John: I'm talking about primary root disk storage.  Secondary storage would
persist of course.

Mike: Right, I just want to establish that if I set the default Cinder
plugin to RBD volumes, and I do nothing else, root volumes are ephemeral.
 That seems to be the case anyway.

Seems like some of these parameters become meaningless depending on your
backing store.  As another example, do you really need to specify a root
disk parameter if you're booting from a volume?  I would think not.

Thanks for your responses.

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez