[Openstack] [Trove] Relational or Non-relational DB?

Giuseppe Galeota giuseppegaleota at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 13:23:12 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I am a developer interested to the Databases as a Service, and in
particular for creation of relational and non-relational databases. So I
joined the Trove project.

On this link (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove#Mission_Statement) I
read: "Mission of Trove: to provide scalable and reliable Cloud Database as
a Service provisioning functionality for *both relational and
non-relational database engines*.

On this link (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/trove/#introduction),
instead,
I read: "It’s designed to run entirely on OpenStack, with the goal of
allowing users to quickly and easily utilize the features of *a relational
database*"

So, I am confused.

1) Is Trove designed to create both a *relational *and a *non-relationa*l
database?

2) Is Trove designed to create *only a relational* database?  In this case,
how can I modify the source code in order to allow creation of relational
databases that use no-mysql engine (but use, for example, Postegres)?

Thank you very much,
Giuseppe