[Openstack] Swift sharding across containers

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:47:22 UTC 2013

Hi Shri,

The short answer is that sharding your data across containers in swift is
generally a good idea.

The limitations with containers has a lot more to do with overall
concurrency rather than total objects in a container.  The number of
objects in a container can have an affect on that, but will be less of an
issue if you are not putting objects in at a high concurrency.

--
Chuck