[Openstack] Grizzly -> Havana nova upgrade failure: Cannot drop index 'instance_uuid'

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at rackspace.com
Wed Oct 30 04:05:47 UTC 2013

Hi Blair,

I have proposed a new fix which I believe should work for you. However
I've been unable to determine where exactly the duplicate keys were
introduced. Looking up what versions were available in Ubuntu from 12.10
you have been running since Folsom. This means you did not have the
133_folsom.py migration and should have skipped it when upgrading to
Grizzly. I can't see anywhere else that would have changed the fkeys.

So what I have proposed is to do a check for which keys exist in both of
the problematic tables (as virtual_interfaces is also affected) and
remove them bringing the databases inline with 133_folsom users.

I'll propose this for backporting into Havana after it is merged.

Cheers,
Josh

Rackspace Australia