[Openstack] Can't connect to RabbitMQ

Tue Oct 29 08:58:11 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2013, 13:44:00 schrieb Craig E. Ward:
> On the RabbitMQ server, are vhost and user id setup correctly?

I hope so. I followed the documentation by the letter, they did nothing to
rabbitmq but installing and chaning the guest password.

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/basics-queue.html

> % rabbitmqctl list_users

root at controller:~# rabbitmqctl list_users
Listing users ...
guest   [administrator]
...done.

> % rabbitmqctl list_vhosts

root at controller:~# rabbitmqctl list_vhosts
Listing vhosts ...
/
...done.

> The user and vhost should match what is in the OpenStack configurations.

I don't remember having set user or vhost:

root at controller:~# grep rabbit /etc/nova/nova.conf
rabbit_host = controller
rabbit_port = 5672

Thanks for your help!

Florian