[Openstack] [openstack][keystone] Using X.509 External Authentication with OpenStack Identity

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Oct 24 18:03:43 UTC 2013

On 10/24/2013 05:15 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> I think you need the attribute mapping functionality that is currently
> being specified here
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51980/
>
> The API says how to set up the mappings (though currently not how to
> apply them. This will be an internal method in the first instance.) It
> is designed for situations like the one you mention when externally
> assigned attributes are different to the ones used by Keystone
Similiar concepts, but a question of mechanism.  THis would be parallel
to, say, a SAML or other federated plugin to the auth pipeline.

We need to have a list of expected Attributes from standard mechanisms.
There is a difference between Keystone itself processing a SAML
assertion and Apache modules passing through values to the WSGI
backend.  In the case of the Apache modules, we need to know what to
pass through.  Once the attributes are in Keystone, then the mapping
process can determine what to do with them.