[Openstack] Isolating resources / AZ or Region ?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 03:39:16 UTC 2013

Guys,

I would like to achieve the following configuration:

1- OpenStack Havana Cloud

1.1- AZ or Region - #1: KVM Compute Nodes

1.2- AZ or Region - #2: Docker Compute Nodes

If possible:

1.3- AZ or Region - #1.1: KVM Compute Nodes with VNC - For Servers

1.4- AZ or Region - #1.2: KVM Compute Nodes with SPICE - For Desktops

1.5 AZ or Region - #1.2.1: KVM Compute Nodes with IOMMU + GPU Passthrough +
SPICE - For Render Farms

The topology I'm using in production today is "Per-Tenant router with
Private Networs".

I already have my Havana up and running and I would like to add a new
"environment" (Region or AZ?) powered by Docker, side by side with my
regular KVM Compute Nodes, if possible.

I'm not using Chef or Puppet, just fresh Ubuntu 12.04.3 with Havana from
Cloud Archive all installed by hand.

I would like to know the "best practices" to achieve a goal like this.

Thanks!
Thiago