[Openstack] [openstack-dev] [Trove] Poor documentation about Trove architecture and operation.

Michael Basnight mbasnight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:25:08 UTC 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 1:52 AM, Giuseppe Galeota wrote:

> Hi, Michael, Hi, all,
> there are news about the Trove's documentation?
>
> I and my team (Santer Reply S.p.A.) are working on the PRISMA project (Interoperable cloud platforms for smart-government). PRISMA is supported by Italian Government and European Union, and it aims to develop an Open Source cloud computing system to provide services on both IaaS and PaaS level, in order to realize a Smart Community between citizens, Governments and Health agencies.
>
> For our project, we have chosen Openstack. Furthermore, we want a Database as a Service in order to provide both relational and non-relational database instances. So, we have joined the Trove project.
>
> Therefore, we need of a detailed documentation about the architecture and operation of Trove.

Hey sorry, i spaced out and was working on the troveclient. I took a stab at the architecture, after looking at a few of the dev docs for other services [1]. Feel free to tell me it sucks and you need more/different information. Also, for the Trovesters out there, feel free to help make it a better document for everyone!

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TroveArchitecture