[Openstack] [Neutron][HyperV]HyperV Networking Problem

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Thu Oct 10 13:53:55 UTC 2013

Hi Ray,

Some Windows network adapter drivers disable VLAN access by default.

Here's Powershell script that will apply the adapter's proper configuration:
https://bitbucket.org/cloudbase/vlanfilter-check/raw/8eea85e5cb38ce6e8ccb80fc00dd6c3f13869b6d/modifyRegistry.ps1

In case the script reports that one of morte adapters have been reconfigured, you'll need to reboot or restart the corresponding adapters.

If you prefer to perform the steps manually, open the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Look in all the child keys xxxx, e.g. 0001, 0002 etc for a value “VLanFiltering”. Make sure that if present it’s set to 0.
In case of changes, reboot the server or restart the corresponding adapters.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Note: the error that you are reporting:
 ERROR [quantum.openstack.common.rpc.amqp] Exception during message handling
has been fixed with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/46989/