[Openstack] Ceilometer network and disk Mb/s measurements

Nick Maslov azpekt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:09:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

Well, that is the problem exactly - I need to get info every second to track traffic bursts, i.e. depth of precision should be on seconds level. So, in my case I`ll have to either poll it every second - or approximate it by computing an average…

Thanks a lot for your answers!

NM
--
Nick Maslov
Sent with Airmail

On November 29, 2013 at 11:47:50 AM, Julien Danjou (julien at danjou.info) wrote:

On Fri, Nov 29 2013, Nick Maslov wrote:

Hi Nick,

> How do you think, is it a right way to meter such data with ceilometer? I
> mean, such statistics should be transferred to collector each second, and in
> case of >1000 VM`s can easily bring down database. How do you think?

You don't _have to_ poll every seconds, you can poll every minute and
compute an average. That really depends on what precision you need.

You can do the same things with the existing samples provided by
Ceilometer.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker * independent consultant