[Openstack] [neutron] neutron-ovs-cleanup: which distros require manual invocation?

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed Nov 13 02:48:56 UTC 2013

I’d like to update the havana install guide about the need to invoke neutron-ovs-cleanup before rebooting nodes where there’s an openvswitch tap device created (L3 agent, DHCP agent). See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1156861>.

It seems like the RHEL packages install a neutron-ovs-cleanup service that does the right thing, so no operator intervention is necessary when rebooting network nodes on RHEL.

However, I have no idea if this is the case for SUSE, Ubuntu, or Debian installations, and the install guides are now distro-specific. Anybody know if these other distro packages install a neutron-ovs-cleanup service?

Lorin