[Openstack] Is there a way to tell Nova not to count NFS-mounted instances directory to disk space on each node?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Nov 7 17:57:25 UTC 2013

I think it would make sense to have an entry in the nova.conf file on a
compute node to indicate that the instances are mounted on shared storage.

This could be fed back into the database, used in resource reporting
(like in this case where it affects the "real" amount of storage
available), and could also be added to the instance itself so that the
evacuate/migrate commands could programmatically determine whether the
instance is on shared storage or not instead of requiring the user to
specify it.

Chris