[Openstack] Is there a way to tell Nova not to count NFS-mounted instances directory to disk space on each node?

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 10:36:07 UTC 2013

Hey Daniel,

Doesn’t seem possible at the moment looks like...
--
Razique

On 7 Nov 2013 at 02:09:15, Daniel Speichert (daniel at speichert.pl) wrote:

Hi All,

We have a couple of compute nodes each having its /var/lib/nova/instances directory mounted via NFS from shared storage server.
Nova gathers free space statistics from each compute node and adds them, making the theoretical total disk space equal N times the real one (N is the number of nodes we have).
Is there a way to tell it not to count this space again on some nodes?

Regards,
Daniel Speichert