[Openstack] [grizzly]Problems of qpid as rpcbackend

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:37:13 UTC 2013

I am not familiar with impl_qpid,py, but am familiar with amqp.py and have
had problems around rpc_amqp.cleanup() the Pool.empty() method it calls.
It was a totally different problem, but I decided to take a look at your
problem.  I noticed that in impl_qpid.py the only other place a
connection.close() is done is surrounded by this code:

            # Close the session if necessary
            if self.connection.opened():
                try:
                    self.connection.close()
                except qpid_exceptions.ConnectionError:
                    pass

I suggest you wrap the close at line 386 of impl_qpid.py with the same code
and your problem will be fixed.  Here is the line identified from your call
stack:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-
packages/cinder/openstack/common/rpc/impl_qpid.py", line 386, in close
    self.connection.close()

If that works, open a bug report.

Good catch

Ray