[Openstack] [grizzly]Problems of qpid as rpcbackend

minmin ren rmm0811 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:08:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I think it is a bug of qpid as rpcbackend.

   Other service(nova-compute, cinder-scheduler, etc) use eventlet thead to
run service. They stop service use thread kill() method. The last step
rpc.cleanup() just did nothing, because the relative consume connection run
in thread and killed. I think it is unnecessary. All queue is auto-delete,
they will be removed when all receiver disappear.

However, cinder-volume use process to run service, so stop service need to
close connection and receiver (consumer) of the session of connection need
to close when call connection.close().
receiver close will sent MessageCancel and QueueDelete message to
broker(qpid server), so that all cinder-volume queue be removed.

I think that the reason of problem confused me.

But I don't know how to solve it.