[Openstack] How to configure quantum on two computers each with one NIC?

Jing vitojing at gmail.com
Sat May 4 19:34:42 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm trying to set up Openstack on two computers, and each of them
has only one NIC. I want to set up one computer as control and compute
node, and another as compute node. I want to use vlan mode, so quantum
is needed.

I'm install Openstack according
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/blob/OVS_MultiNode/OpenStack_Grizzly_Install_Guide.rst

After install quantum server in first computer( used as control and
compute node ), I tried to install the "Network Node" functions. The NIC
is configured as follows:

    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.104
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

In the "3.4. OpenVSwitch (Part2)" section of the guide, eth2 is cnfigured as

    # VM internet Access
    auto eth2
    iface eth2 inet manual
    up ifconfig $IFACE 0.0.0.0 up
    up ip link set $IFACE promisc on
    down ip link set $IFACE promisc off
    down ifconfig $IFACE down

I don't have another NIC. How should I write the interface configuration
file?
And another question , is it possible to use wireless NIC in quantum?

thanks