[Openstack] Fun with OpenStack Grizzly install...

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:53:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Brad Knowles <bknowles at momentumsi.com>wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Matt Joyce <matt.joyce at cloudscaling.com>
> wrote:
>
> > check in horizon and see if you can follow inside of a stack trace
> there.  you can see if any of the context's from the wsgi queries is seeing
> a 404.
>
> Horizon?  That's not a service I've heard of before.  I'm basically
> following the structure at <
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/ap_installinggrizzlyubuntuprecise.html>
> for initial installation, and I've gotten hung on the glance part at <
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/osfolubuntu-imageservice.html
> >.
>
> > these would be queries between glance and other backend APIs.
> >
> > example:
> >
> > you ---  query ---->  glance
> >
> > glance sees you token...
> >
> > glance --- query -----> keystone
> >
> > if that query from glance to keystone fails...  it will report a 404.
>  BUT that won't necessarily show up in logs as you'd expect since it's a
> backend query.
>
> The query from glance to keystone appears to be okay -- I'm seeing 200
> status responses in the keystone.log.
>
> > related idea:
> >
> > verify that your catalog service is pointing to the right API endpoints
> on keystone.
>
> Catalog service?  That's another name that I have not heard of before, at
> least not in the context of OpenStack.

The "service catalog" refers to a subset of keystone's interface that
provides a catalog of services and endpoints to authenticated API users.
It's the computed result of your service-list and endpoint-list and it's
how those users find all the other OpenStack services, like nova and glance.

In your case, all or most of your endpoints are wrong (they all contain
/v2/ which I'm not sure is correct for any service?), so `glance index`
probably can't find glance at all. I generally refer to keystone's
sample_data.sh script for a generally idea of what the endpoints should
look like:

  https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/tools/sample_data.sh