[Openstack] Fun with OpenStack Grizzly install...

Brad Knowles bknowles at momentumsi.com
Tue Mar 5 23:28:27 UTC 2013

Horizon?  That's not a service I've heard of before.  I'm basically following the structure at <http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/ap_installinggrizzlyubuntuprecise.html> for initial installation, and I've gotten hung on the glance part at <http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/osfolubuntu-imageservice.html>.

> these would be queries between glance and other backend APIs.
>
> example:
>
> you ---  query ---->  glance
>
> glance sees you token...
>
> glance --- query -----> keystone
>
> if that query from glance to keystone fails...  it will report a 404.  BUT that won't necessarily show up in logs as you'd expect since it's a backend query.

The query from glance to keystone appears to be okay -- I'm seeing 200 status responses in the keystone.log.

> related idea:
>
> verify that your catalog service is pointing to the right API endpoints on keystone.

Catalog service?  That's another name that I have not heard of before, at least not in the context of OpenStack.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at momentumsi.com>
Senior Consultant