[Openstack] Authorization Question

Nathanael Burton nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:11:13 UTC 2013

Dolph,

In our deployments we often want to restrict projects to particular
endpoints or regions.  We've currently hacked that in to our Folsom systems
by adding a 'regions' list to the 'extra' column of the tenant table.  With
only a few minor tweaks to keystone to return the filtered service catalog
based on 'regions' and some minor tweaks to Horizon it all works out fairly
well.  We would prefer to do this in a much more "supported" configuration,
something like attributes or roles on projects to achieve the same result.

Thanks,

Nate