[Openstack] [Horizon] UX Discussions - proposal for better organization, rising activity and awareness

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 15:25:56 UTC 2013

"Gabriel Hurley" <Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com> wrote:
> I've been hoping some of the more design-oriented folks would weigh in on
> this issue, but that hasn't particularly happened...

It seems there are already a few of them on the G+ community, it would be worthwhile to also have this conversation in the current community and see if people agree with the problem and are interested in trying out a new option. I started a thread pointing to this one over there.

> My concern is that as engineers we're all comfortable with GitHub, but that
> it will end up being an impediment or discouragement for people who fall
> more on the creative side. I don't disagree with the benefits as stated and
> I'm willing to give any solution a try, but I want to be careful that we
> don't alienate a portion of the contributors by our choice of tools.

I share with this concern, although I also very much agree with Jaromir on the downsides of the current setup.

Cheers,

Julie