[Openstack] [Swift] Cache pressure tuning

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:04:56 UTC 2013

Hi Jonathan ,

How did you perform "delete all the objects in the storage" ?  Those
deleted objects still consume inodes in tombstone status until the reclaim
time.
Would you mind to compare the result of $> sudo cat /proc/slabinfo | grep
xfs   ,  before/after set the vfs_cache_pressure

spongebob at patrick1:~$ sudo cat /proc/slabinfo | grep xfs
xfs_ili                70153  70182    216   18    1 : tunables    0    0
 0 : slabdata   3899   3899      0
xfs_inode         169738 170208   1024   16    4 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata  10638  10638      0
xfs_efd_item          60     60    400   20    2 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata      3      3      0
xfs_buf_item         234    234    224   18    1 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata     13     13      0
xfs_trans             28     28    280   14    1 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata      2      2      0
xfs_da_state          32     32    488   16    2 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata      2      2      0
xfs_btree_cur         38     38    208   19    1 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata      2      2      0
xfs_log_ticket        40     40    200   20    1 : tunables    0    0    0
: slabdata      2      2      0

Hi Robert,
The performance degradation still there even only main swift workers are
running in storage node. ( stop replicator/updater/auditor ). In my
knowing.
I'll check xs_dir_lookup and xs_ig_missed here. Thanks

+Hugo Kuo+
hugo at swiftstack.com
tonytkdk at gmail.com
+886 935004793