[Openstack] Image prep. cloud-init user configuration help.

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 26 13:34:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013, Jake G. wrote:

> Thanks Scott!
>
> I have removed cloud-init from my instance and enabled config-drive in the nova.conf file.

I don't think I suggested you remove cloud-init.
Just enable config drive and cloud-init will use that instead of the ec2
metadata service.  You really do not want to remove cloud-init.

> Anything else I should take notice of?

As others have pointed out, the fact that your instances can't reach the
metadata service shows that at least *something* is not functioning
correctly on your installation.