[Openstack] Grizzly GRE tunneling network set up problems

Haitao Jiang jianghaitao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:19:42 UTC 2013

I just set up a multi-node Grizzly release 2013.2 with 1 controller
node, 1 network node and 1 compute node. I use GRE tunneling.

I create one VM on the compute node and was not able to ssh to it using netns.

One thing I noticed is that on my compute node, I do not have br-int
and br-tun in the list, nor do I find any GRE tunnels. Am I supposed
to create the GRE tunnels manually or they should be set up
automatically by Quantum? Any idea or suggestion to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

------ Compute node --------
-- /etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini  --
tunnel_id_ranges=1:1000
integration_bridge=br-int
tunneling_bridge=br-tun
tenant_network_type=gre
enable_tunneling=True
local_ip = <host IP>

# brctl show
qbr5a9800b9-26          8000.5242b197c3d3       no              qvb5a9800b9-26
                                                        tap5a9800b9-26
virbr0          8000.525400198a10       yes             virbr0-nic

# ovs-vsctl show
1d554b19-2a2b-493d-a123-0efb0aabc7d1
    Bridge br-tun
        Port patch-int