[Openstack] Network Config

Brandon Adams brandon.adams at newwave-technologies.com
Tue Jul 30 13:31:36 UTC 2013

Hi all, I'm trying to set up OpenStack using PackStack in a single node
configuration, and I believe I'm having some network issues. I think I've
narrowed the problem down to a forwarding issue, i.e. the packets meant for
192.168.32.x (Pack Stack default fixed address) aren't being routed
correctly. When I tcpdump br100 and try and ping my vm, all that shows up
are ARP requests, like:

16:55:52.216132 ARP, Request who-has 192.168.32.2 tell 192.168.32.1, length
28

My public interface is eth0, with addresses 192.168.0.xxx, and my flat
interface is lo (loopback). I've been following the directions on the site
to the letter and it still fails. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
what the problem is and how I can solve it? I've pasted some information
below, and I can follow up with more as needed. Thanks.

ifconfig http://pastebin.com/ZkiTaFSm

ip addr http://pastebin.com/ZZ18TVu7

nova.conf http://pastebin.com/B2zZRZ2W

iptables http://pastebin.com/Gh5psYH3