[Openstack] Deferred delete(soft delete) reclaim interval

Tiantian Gao gtt116 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 06:45:59 UTC 2013

Hi stackers,

Now when reclaim_instance_interval is great than 0, the delete action will
become soft_delete.

How about let user to specify the reclaim_instance_interval? does that make
sense? or anybody have the same requirement?

Because currently implemented the reclaim_instance_interval is system level
config. User can't control the expires time of instance. For example, I
want keep a important instance for 1 weeks, and some not so important about
1 hour. That requirement make sense to me. I want to know you options.

For security issues, we can specify the system level
reclaim_instance_interval_max, instance are not allow to keep longer than
the max interval.

--
Best regards,
Gtt