[Openstack] Disk Recommendation - OpenStack Swift

John van Ommen john.vanommen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 01:11:38 UTC 2013

Does anyone on the list have a disk they'd recommend for OpenStack swift?

I am looking at hardware from Dell and HP, and I've found that the
disks they offer are very expensive.  For instance, HP's 2TB disk has
a MSRP of over $500, while you can get a Western Digital 2TB 'Red'
disk for $127.

Is there any reason to opt for the drives offered by Dell or HP?  (I
assume they're re-branded disks from Seagate and WD anyways.)

Are there any disk SKUs that you'd recommend?