[Openstack] OpenStack Java SDK

Luis Gervaso luis at woorea.es
Thu Jan 10 18:09:12 UTC 2013

Hi Antonio,

The master branch is the currently branch I'm working on. This branch has
support for the Quantum project (thanks to benn-cs<https://github.com/benn-cs>
)

The main difference with older branches (essex) is a more decoupled API:

Command design pattern is key in the master.

This way the API can be extended in a easier way (actually for the
OpenStack versions and extensions)

I agree and I will create a branch for the folsom.

Cheers!

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Gui Maluf <guimalufb at gmail.com> wrote:

> frans, you can always use devstack for a fast local OS deploy.
>
> Antonio I've interest in openstack-java-sdk, the only difference is that
> I'm using scala, instead of Java. I'm quite new at this and having a lot a
> difficulty trying to make my code connect with Keystone.
> I hope you can get your answer!
>
> Att.
>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:
>
>> hi Antonio
>>
>> talking Java SDK.
>>
>> is there OpenSTack on the Net, that we can use, to test this SDK?
>>
>> I love to invest in this tools, esp we are working with Java education
>> program here

>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Antonio Manuel Muñiz Martín
>> <amuniz at klicap.es> wrote:
>> > Hello all.
>> >
>> > We are working with OpenStack Java SDK [1] since some months ago. Now
>> > we need to use it with Folsom. After a look on master branch we
>> > decided to keep us in the stable branch, because the project has no
>> > release policy, no tags...
>> >
>> > Said this, we've done some changes in stable Essex branch to adapt it
>> > to Folsom, basically adding some fields to resources required for a
>> > correct JSON mapping.
>> > If some of you think this changes are interesting we can send a pull
>> > request to the owner (Luis, I think you are in this list, I would like
>> > to get your opinion).
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Antonio.
>> >
>> > [1] https://github.com/woorea/openstack-java-sdk/tree/stable/essex
>> >
>> > --
>> > Antonio Manuel Muñiz Martín
>> > Software Developer at klicap - ingeniería del puzle
>> >
>> > work phone + 34 954 894 322
>> > www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

> --
> *guilherme* \n