[Openstack] [Keystone][Swift] Problems with admin_user, admin_password, admin_tenant_name

Kun Huang Academicgareth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:02:36 UTC 2013

Dolph, thanks your advice, but in my environment, both below two case

1. setting admin_token,admin_user, admin_password, admin_tenant_name in
proxy.conf and setting admin_token in keystone.conf
2. setting admin_user, admin_password, admin_tenant_name in proxy.conf and
setting admin_token in keystone.conf

only admin_token in keystone.conf is valuable. (default ADMIN)
Should I create admin_user, admin_password, admin_tenant_name by keystone
command myself?

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>wrote:

> Setting the admin_token config is overriding the admin_user,
> admin_password, and admin_tenant_name values by specifying a static token.
> I'd recommend removing it and using the auth credentials you've already
> provided.
>
> -Dolph
>

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Kun Huang <Academicgareth at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Following another question:
>> In document:
>> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/middleware_architecture.html
>> ,
>>
>> [filter:tokenauth]
>> paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
>> auth_host = 127.0.0.1
>> auth_port = 35357
>> auth_protocol = http
>> auth_uri = http://127.0.0.1:5000/
>> admin_token = Super999Sekret888Password777
>> admin_user = admin
>> admin_password = SuperSekretPassword
>> admin_tenant_name = service
>> ;Uncomment next line and check ip:port to use memcached to cache tokens
>> ;memcache_servers = 127.0.0.1:11211
>>
>> That admin token is not admin_token = ADMIN in keystone, right?
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Kun Huang <Academicgareth at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I'm building environment with Swift + Keystone.
>>> I have set admin_user, admin_password, admin_tenant_name, but it
>>> doesn't work.
>>> I followed the document:
>>> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/overview_auth.html and chmouel's
>>> blog:
>>> http://blog.chmouel.com/2011/11/24/swift-and-keystone-middleware-part1/
>>>
>>> My swift and keystone run well:
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>>
>>> But failed in curl:
>>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>>
>>> I guess the value of admin_user/admin_password/admin_tenant_name doesn't
>>> save in db.
>>>
>>> Which step do I missed? or some problems in my proxy config?
>>>
>>> Here is my current config.
>>> [DEFAULT]
>>> bind_port = 8888
>>> user = swift
>>>
>>> [pipeline:main]
>>> pipeline = catch_errors healthcheck cache authtoken keystoneauth
>>> proxy-server
>>>
>>> [app:proxy-server]
>>> use = egg:swift#proxy
>>> account_autocreate = true
>>>
>>> [filter:keystoneauth]
>>> use = egg:swift#keystoneauth
>>> operator_roles = admin, swiftoperator
>>>
>>> [filter:authtoken]
>>> # Delaying the auth decision is required to support token-less
>>> # usage for anonymous referrers ('.r:*').
>>> paste.filter_factory =
>>> keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
>>> auth_host = keystonehost
>>> auth_port = 35357
>>> auth_protocol = http
>>> auth_uri = http://keystonehost:5000/