[Openstack] [StackTach][Metering] Nova summary report for the PHB in your life ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Thu Feb 14 13:31:37 UTC 2013

Hey!

We just added a feature to StackTach for generating 24-hr summary reports.

The output can be seen here:
https://gist.github.com/SandyWalsh/4946226

It will identify requests & failures, with timing information, by major
actions (create, resize, rescue, delete, snapshot, etc) by image type.
(note: "aux" are all the minor actions, like list, show, etc)

https://github.com/rackspace/stacktach
(.../reports/pretty.py)

We're in the process of porting all this stuff over to ceilometer, but
that's a longer term effort.

We've also got a more detailed report with causes of errors, cell
breakdown, distros, etc. It's early and kind of thrown together, but
handy all the same.

Cheers!
-Sandy