[Openstack] 'novarc' environment setting failed to authenticated

Rain Li lyp20062392 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:13:20 UTC 2013

Hi, all,

I am following OpenStack Basic Install guide (
http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/basic-install/content/index.html), but
when executing the keystone-endpoint.sh script on the controller-node, I
always get this error message:
Expecting authentication method via
  either a service token, --token or env[SERVICE_TOKEN],
  or credentials, --os-username or env[OS_USERNAME].
usage: keystone endpoint-create [--region <endpoint-region>] --service-id
                                <service-id> [--publicurl <public-url>]
                                [--adminurl <admin-url>]
                                [--internalurl <internal-url>]
keystone endpoint-create: error: argument --service-id/--service_id:
expected one argument
But I already setup the environment variables like this:
stack at folsom-controller:~$ env | grep OS_
OS_PASSWORD=password
OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.0.0.1:35357/v2.0
OS_USERNAME=admin
OS_TENANT_NAME=admin

And get the similar error when executing the sample quantum-networking.sh
script on the network-node:
Expecting authentication method via
  either a service token, --token or env[SERVICE_TOKEN],
  or credentials, --os-username or env[OS_USERNAME].
You must provide a username via either --os-username or env[OS_USERNAME]
I have environment variables setting like:
stack at folsom-network:~$ env | grep OS_
OS_PASSWORD=password
OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.0.0.1:5000/v2.0
OS_USERNAME=admin
OS_TENANT_NAME=admin