[Openstack] Login to Openstack dashboard using a Post Request

Akshat Sharma asharma at servosity.com
Mon Dec 23 22:43:35 UTC 2013

Hello Guys, I am new to Openstack, python and django framework.

I am trying to login into Opensatck dahboard using dashboard request. Since
i am sending a request from a host, other than, where user is created. I
had to get csrf exempt. I have been able to get pass the csrf problem. I am
testing my POST request on 2 different systems. One which has username and
password stored in cookies and the other don't. The one which has username
and password stored gets login to user page while the other don't. Also i
tried to print the username - it prints "anonymous user". I guess i am not
able to pass the username and password correctly. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Akshat Sharma