[Openstack] Auto assign Floating IP

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Dec 10 16:50:09 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 12:29 AM, Jitendra Kumar Bhaskar wrote:
> I am doing d same but I am looking to attach floating IP at boot time.
> And not getting where I need to change ?

It would not be "automagic" but rather than have nova allocate the port
out of neutron, you can instead allocate the port yourself explicitly
via neutron, then pass that port id through the floatingip-create and
then boot the instance with that port id rather than with the network id.

Then I suspect the chances are reasonably good that as the guest OS
boots in the instance, the floater will be associated.

rick jones
agrees though that "full automagic" would be nice.