[Openstack] service disable is ignored by tenant

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 23:58:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM, George Shuklin <george.shuklin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I found strange behaviour: if service nova-compute is disabled, user still
> able to start it instances on the disabled node.
>
> nova service-list:
> | nova-compute     | compute1   | nova     | enabled  | up    |
> 2013-12-05T17:09:30.777587 | None            |
> | nova-compute     | compute2   | nova     | disabled | up    |
> 2013-12-05T17:09:33.352615 | None            |
>
> user still can start/stop instances on compute2.
>
> Is this proper behaviour?

Hi,

I tried to reproduce this with just a single node and all services
running on that single node, and couldnt. After disabling nova-compute
on my single host, trying to launch/boot an instance resulted in
"Filter ComputeFilter returned 0 hosts" in the logs, and an ERROR
state for the instance.

Perhaps you could provide more info on the exact steps you take to
reproduce this ?

Regards,

John Smith.