[Openstack] vmwareapi with VMwareESXDriver

Thomas McLaughlin mclaughi at adobe.com
Tue Dec 3 21:41:43 UTC 2013

Hello,

Requirements

One

We do not want to pay to use vCenter as part of our open stack we are setting up.

Two

One of the instances we are going to run on ESXi needs to be Mac OS

Three

I believe with the vmwareapi.VMwareESXDriver: a driver that lets nova-compute communicate directly to an ESX host we can accomplish One and Two but I want to be sure someone else has achieved this first.

Four

I would like suggestions of open source services that could be added to this setup to replace the vCenter with the connection used in Three above.

Sincerely,

Thomas V. McLaughlin
mclaughi at adobe.com