[Openstack] Tempest tests failing

Ghe Rivero ghe at debian.org
Tue Dec 3 12:46:19 UTC 2013

I faced some similar errors sometime ago when running the tests with admin
credentials.
More info at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1250866

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Robert Parrott <parrott at g.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I’m using tempest to validate a deployed cluster, and while we have most
> things ironed out, I’m seeing a good number (20% or so) of the compute
> tests fail with the same error:
>
>     BadRequest: Bad request
>
>     Details: {'message': 'Multiple possible networks found, use a Network
> ID to be more specific.', 'code': '400’}
>
> The tests that report this error are quite varied, and many of the tests
> involved don’t actually attempt to exercise the network.  Looking through
> the the bugs in launchpad that refer to this error, there is some
> speculation that this is really a bug/feature of the testing suite, but
> it’s far from definitive.
>
> Does anyone have a handle on why this is occurring, and what we can do to
> remove the errors, be it testing environment setup, or if this is a bug of
> nova itself? I’m noticing that the testing process itself creates many
> objects in the OpenStack database, networks and otherwise, and doesn’t seem
> to remove them after a test completes successfully or not; is that the
> issue?
>
> Thanks for any insight you can provide,
>
> Rob
>
>> See my availability here:
>
>   https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=parrott@g.
> harvard.edu&mode=week
>
> Robert E. Parrott, Ph.D.
> Senior Architect
> Office of the CTO: Innovation and Architecture
> Harvard University
> Holyoke Center 760
> 1350 Massachusetts Ave.
> Cambridge, MA 02138

Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the
world!"

 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :
`. `'
  `-    www.debian.org    www.openstack.com

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7