[Openstack] FreeBSD on OpenStack (bsd-cloudinit)

Pellaeon Lin pellaeon at hs.ntnu.edu.tw
Sun Dec 1 03:27:22 UTC 2013

That subnet was actually used by us for testing purposes, and
140.113.98.9 is connected to a wired Ethernet and have static IP, we
just never bothered to change the domain.

But yes, your concerns are
reasonable, I'll find a more permanent place (non-experimental machines
and proper domain name) to host it, I'll notify you with the new link.
(This will probably take a few days)

I'm excited to see our project
being included in the OpenStack Documentation!

Thanks!

---
Pellaeon
Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan

Lorin Hochstein 於

> Would it be possible to host the experimental
FreeBSD images at a more permanent location?

> As Tom Fifield pointed
out in the review request <https://review.openstack.org/59273 [5]>, the
current location of the experimental images
(http://140.113.98.9/bsd-cloudinit/ [6]) resolves to a dynamic IP on the
wireless lan at NCTU.

> Take care,
>
> Lorin
>
> On Fri, Nov 29,
2013 at 11:29 PM, Pellaeon Lin <pellaeon at hs.ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:

Hi,

>> I and my coworkers built a tool called "bsd-cloudinit" to
help create FreeBSD cloud images. It should be quite useful for running
FreeBSD instances on OpenStack.

>> bsd-cloudinit [1] is equivalent
to cloud-init for FreeBSD, it reads environment variables (metadata) and
sets up the instance accordingly on first boot. Things like injecting
SSH public keys, setting hostname, enlarging root partition are all
handled by bsd-cloudinit.

>> bsd-cloudinit-installer [2] is a shell
script that installs bsd-cloudinit and transforms VM into instance
template.

http://pellaeon.github.io/bsd-cloudinit/ [3]

Post to : openstack at lists.openstack.org
>> Unsubscribe :