[Openstack] [Baremetal] Hardware enrollment need help please

Ryota Mibu r-mibu at cq.jp.nec.com
Wed Aug 28 07:33:28 UTC 2013

Hi Jake,

You can find the default user account and password to access BMC through IPMI in " EXPRESSSCOPE Engine 2  User's Guide p.8".

http://support.necam.com/kbtools/Sdocs.cfm?id=2BF43967-2A61-4E68-B8CB-981A7D4F94D9

It could be wrong in the version of BMC on your server or if you used some configuration tool to build. So I suggest you to login to BMC Web console and configure user account and password.

Note: You can check pm_{address,user,password} by running ipmitool in your env as follows:
   # echo '<pm_password>' > pw
   # ipmitool -H <pm_address> -U <pm_user> -I lanplus -f pw power status

Regards,
Ryota.