[Openstack] Baremetal OS image support

Jake G. dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 09:37:54 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
To: Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Baremetal OS image support

On 21 August 2013 15:03, Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

You may be following old documentation - where did you get the sample
command line? -k is no longer needed, and hasn't been accepted for a
month or so.

> Also, do you happen to know of any resources where i can download pre-made
> images?
> All the sites I have seen are for "cloud" images only. Could these possibly
> work as well?

We'll make some available again soon, but for the moment you should
use diskimage-builder to setup the deploy ramdisk.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist

Hi Rob,
Thank you for the info. I look forward to those images.

I am using this document for baremetal deployment, which has the -k in it -> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Baremetal
This seem to be the only documentation available for how to implement the baremetal feature. Would you know of a better doc?

Thanks again!