[Openstack] Networking issue in Vlan mode
Gangur, Hrushikesh (HP Converged Cloud - R&D - Sunnyvale)
hrushikesh.gangur at hp.com
Mon Aug 19 23:33:50 UTC 2013
You need to enable VLAN tagging (in your case it is 102) on the switch side to allow traffic. In your case, such packets are getting dropped by the switch.
From: amogh patel [mailto:amoghpatel4u at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 4:24 PM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Openstack] Networking issue in Vlan mode
Need some help in configuring Openstack nova network in Vlan mode.
My existing working environment:
1) 3 Hosts (controller1 and compute1 & compute2 nodes) with single network interface in individual host.
2) Was using FlatDHCPManager so far, now I've changed it to Vlan mode by following below doc:
3) I've only one project "demo" and vlan102 is tagged to that.
1) Instances of the same compute1 node can talk each other but not with the instances of neighbour compute2 node.
2) Compute1 node cannot ping/ssh to instances of their neighbor compute2 node. Whereas any instance of any compute node can reach (ping/ssh) to Compute/Controller host network and their gateway.
My understanding is, vlan separates the network between different projects. In my case, it looks like compute nodes has been separated with their individual instances.
Could anyone please guide, what and where I'm missing?
PS - In FlatDHCP mode, every instances can talk to each other irrespective of the hosting node and accessible from any host of the same network.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack