[Openstack] Patching installed python packages

Nicolae Paladi n.paladi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:07:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm setting up a vlan network and hit a bug that
has been confirmed earlier and a fix has been committed less than 24 hrs ago
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1167779).

Since the fix will likely take a while to be packaged (I am using CentOS
6.4),
I've installed python-novaclient from the source
(https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient) in order to get the fix.

However, after installing the new package, running the command to create
a vlan still returns the same error (the logs claim 'DuplicateVlan:
Detected existing vlan with id 100\n']) so I assume the old package is
still being used (I also assume the fix actually
addresses the problem)

I am I missing something, or I need to somehow "load" the updated version?

cheers,
/nicolae